Throughout this four step application process, we collect information that is age appropriate and that will serve as an indication of the student's potential for success at NDA.
Step 1 - Application: To begin, submit an Application for Admission below along with the following documentation:
1) A copy of your daughter’s birth certificate (original must be presented in person before registration), immunization record, and sacrament certificates (if applicable).
2) Prior academic records
· For the Early Childhood Programs
o progress reports and/or portfolio items from any/all programs previously attended
· For students applying to Grades 1 and up
o the most recent and prior year’s report cards
· Additionally, students applying to Grades 5 and up must also attach
o the most recent and prior year’s standardized test scores
Certificates, recommendations, and other supporting materials are accepted.
3) A non- refundable application fee of $100 in the form of cash or a check, made payable to Notre Dame Academy. (The application fee for Little Sister Registration is $50).
By Friday, January 11, all application materials should be sent to…
Notre Dame Academy of Staten Island
78 Howard Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10301
ATTN: Mrs. O’Connor
Step 2 - Spend a Day at NDA: Schedule your child's school visit by Friday, January 18
For the Early Childhood Programs - Parents/guardians are to schedule a 30-60 minute interview and assessment with the teacher. Parents/guardians are to remain with the child during her visit.
For students applying to Grades 1 and up - Parents/guardians are to schedule a Shadow Day, which will run from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Students are to be prepared for a day of school including lunch.
Step 3 - Parent Interview: The parent interview will follow the visit.
Step 4 - Admissions Notice: In early February, a decision regarding admissions will be made, and a letter will be mailed to your home. Families will have two weeks to pay the non-refundable tuition deposit to officially register.
If you have any admissions questions, or are not able to apply within the normal application timeline, please contact Mrs. Joanna O’Connor at 718-273-9096 ext. 222, or email@example.com.